Welcome to CMSi
Owned by a non-profit consortium of conservation and land management organisations, CMSi is the software supported approach to adaptive management of important conservation and amenity areas.
Already used to manage hundreds if not thousands of important sites, CMSi is set to become the standard approach to biodiversity and protected area management.
Developed over many years by a consortium of conservation organisations, the current version harnesses the latest mapping and database technology to create a highly functional and easy to use software tool.
What does CMSi do?
- CMSi helps you to write your management plans, to implement your management plans and to monitor and review your management. In fact it integrates all these aspects to create a single, dynamic site management system that works for a single site or across multiple sites.
- CMSi ensures that site management is well-planned, evidence-based, objective and rational.
- CMSi automates your routine tasks such as creating work programs, budget forecasting, conservation status reporting, etc.
- CMSi brings all your important site information together into an accessible, one-stop shop that survives organisational and staff changes.
- CMSi enables best practice to be easily shared both within and between organisations.
- CMSi offers flexible and instant reporting including graphs, maps and photos.
- CMSi offers comprehensive in-built mapping functionality.
The user community is continuing to drive rapid development and the following major new areas will be launched in the near future:
- Property and Agreements module ** Now available **
- Vegetation and Species Module
- BARS exporter
- Community Module for involving the public or volunteers with your plans
- Cultural Heritage Module